• Bow RoadE3
  • Mile End RoadE3
  • Whitechapel RoadE1
To the Olympic Park
To the City
  1.  15
  2.  12
  3.  10
  4.  5
  5.  3
  6.  2

Bow Road Methodist Church Bow Road

 

Significant Building

  • Completed: 1951
  • Historic period: Post-war: 1945-1979
  • This is a significant building
  • Current Use: Place of Worship

The 'Bow Mission' began in the 1860s when Rev. Alexander MacAulay was appointed to the East End and lodged nearby at no. 13 Tredeager Square. The original mission was destroyed in 1941 after suffering a direct hit during bombing raids on the London Docks. A new building was opened in 1951, andsince that time  the Bow Road Methodist Church congregation has diversified to represent the many communities of the area.