• Bow RoadE3
  • Mile End RoadE3
  • Whitechapel RoadE1
To the Olympic Park
To the City
  1.  15
  2.  12
  3.  10
  4.  5
  5.  3
  6.  2

Altub Ali Park Whitechapel Road

 

Significant Building

  • Grade II Listed [1260066/1357512/1065759]
  • Historic period: Post-war: 1945-1979
  • This is a significant building
  • Current Use: Green Space

To the east side of the park, there is a drinking fountain set in the wall of the former St Mary’s Churchyard. It was originally built in 1860, and re-erected in its current position in 1879. The fountain has a Norman style arch with elaborate detailing above the fountain. To the east of the fountain stands a listed K2 telephone kiosk (1927). The red brick and white stone wall that faces Whitechapel Road is also listed, and was built in the 19th Century.